Welcome to the
NEWS FROM THE Y
Thanksgiving Hours: The Griffith Family Y will be closed on Thanksgiving and the day after: 11/27 & 11/28. Happy Thanksgiving!
Free classes will be offered on Monday and Tuesday. We are running a limited class schedule during the holiday week.
- Flexibility and Balance 10 to 10:45 a.m.
- Total Body Toning, 5:20 to 6:20 p.m.
- Step Aerobics, 5:15 to 6 p.m.
- Fat Blast Boot Camp, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Flexibility and Balance 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the Conference Room
- Boot Camp 10 to 11 a.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Pilates 101 5:30 to 6:15 p.m.
- Zumba 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The ballet, karate and group cycling classes will resume the week of Dec. 1. Feel free to use the Wellness Center, which will be open during regular hours Monday through Wednesday as well as Saturday and Sunday.
Rejoin this month and pay no joiner's fee.
During the month of November, any past member may rejoin and pay no joiner's fee. Your membership gives you access to all Crossroads Y facilities: Griffith, Hammond & Southlake (Crown Point). Offer expires November 30, 2014. Tell us you saw the offer on the website!
*NEW* U Cancer-vive Support Group
A group of cancer patients, survivors and friends who will address concerns, questions and experiences with one another.
- Dates: Thursdays in December - 12/4, 12/11 & 12/18
- Time: 1 - 2 p.m.
- Where: Conference Room
- What to bring: Your support
- Register for free at the Front Desk.
Parent's Night Out
Leave your children with us while you run errands or have a date night! We have great activities planned: seasonal crafts, healthy snacks and a kid-appropriate movie. Children will also enjoy time in the gym, games, as well as movie and Pizza! Must register at least 24 hours in advance of the date. Visit our Welcome Center to set up a reservation!
- Dates: December 13
- Time: 6 - 10 p.m.
- Ages: 3-11yrs
- Fees: Members: Flat rate of $20 / $15 for each additional sibling. Non-Members: Flat rate of $25 / $20 for each additional sibling. All fees due at reservation
- Lead Teacher for Early Learning Center
View these jobs and other current openings on our Jobs Page.
Thank you to our sponsors
The Griffith Branch YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.